Innovative Ways to Find & Acquire New Customers in Community Banking
Welcome to the Executive Innovation Show Podcast, brought to you by One Touch Video Banking and One Touch Video Chat.
During this podcast hear host, Carrie Chitsey, talk with Brett Wyss and Josh Pape.
Brett Wyss is the President and CEO of Integrity Bank & Trust. Brett joined Integrity Bank & Trust in 2004 as a loan officer and was promoted to CEO in 2017. His banking passions include advocacy work with the Colorado Banker’s Association, FinTech innovation and providing multiple delivery channels to customers.
Josh Pape is the Executive Vice President & Chief Banking Officer at Citizens Bank of Edmond – the most innovative community bank in the country in 2019, according to The Independent Banker. Josh is a U.S. Air Force Veteran and the first male college graduate in his family.
Listen to “Innovative Ways to Find & Acquire New Customers in Community Banking” as we discuss:
- In a recent White Paper “Banking Beyond Four Walls”, One Touch Video Banking highlights the following data within the banking industry: Regional and community banks have 50% of the physical branches in the US but only 20% of the deposit growth while Big 3 Banks have 24% of the physical branches and 50% of new deposit openings.
- Listen as host, Carrie Chitsey talks with Brett Wyss and Josh Pape about how they think about this data. Does it mean the physical branch isn’t as important anymore or is it a bigger opportunity for community banks and credit unions to grab market share?
- Brett details his thoughts on the stat above. While the number is alarming, he talks about the opportunity and potential that community banks can have. Josh looks at both sides of the coin. He describes the resources that community banks have to gain back market share such as engagement with the local community, which big banks cannot do.
- What innovative things and out of the box ideas are these executives doing to acquire customers and improve customer experience in their local markets? Josh at Citizens Bank of Edmond talks about the things they have done to build deeper relationships within their community such as festivals, co-working, and a 24-hour tellerless branch. What’s working for Brett at Integrity Bank & Trust? Hear the answer to the question, “How do I add additional value beyond a transaction?”.
- Josh walks us through why Citizens Bank of Edmond’s started a co-working space solving a problem of too much real estate and how it works. This innovative idea turned a cost center into a profit center. How did this create deeper relationships with business owners/entrepreneurs that got to know the bank outside of a typical banking relationship?
- How should community banks be thinking about fintech? What are the strengths of banks? Brett Wyss talks about a future where fintech and community banks work together. Hear his new innovative partnership in fintech.
- As we live in this digital-first world where customers are only going to branches 1 to 3 times a year, how will community banks extend the four walls of the branch to the customer with technologies like video banking? Where will be in 3 to 5 years?
- As always, we ask these banking executives what is keeping them up at night. Listen to their answers here.